Life is just about having a burger and watching TV

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

CBSE 2008 results: What a mess

The CBSE 2008 class Xth results create a lot of tension, mess and in the end it is just one screen with blue stripes that says it all. 12 months of hardwork, pressure and loads of inspirational remarks by teachers, parents and relatives. A class Xth student has to bare all this torture all for 5 marks, which will be asked again and again in the future. Some might need it for a minimum qualifying criteria and some might need it as an address proof. The marks have simply boiled down to nothing but a minimum requirement and it takes the maximum out of the small kid. Thats what happened to my sister who was so terrified before the results. Finally she managed a decent 80% giving her a reason to cheer and be happy. Finally the results are out and those who have scored less or more, I'd like to share a small story from my own life. I scored 77% in class X. I was always an underdog sort of a person and nobody really expected
me to score marks. In class XII the reverse happened. I scored 10% more score 87.6 % in XII and coming 2nd in the school. I had never even crossed the so called magical figure of 80% even once since class 7th.
All this makes me question the purpose of the class Xth exam. I may be questioning since I never got good marks in Xth or maybe otherwise. It is not the marks that I have problem against. It is the people who are try to pull each other down making it messy.

Lets see what awaits for those who'll give the class Xth exams this year and for the years to come. Wishing them good luck

No comments: