Life is just about having a burger and watching TV

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Music reality show #1: When I liked it

I started watching music reality TV shows with the first episode of Indian Idol. I didn't even miss a single episode even after having an exam on the other day. I genuinely liked the concept. Then came Idol2 and I again followed it religiously. With Idol2 several other shows became popular for me like the ever popular saregampa. The judges of Saregamapa were bit aggressive, especially the cap master , Mr Himesh Reshamiya. I suppose debojit won that time after defeating vineet in the finals. The first Indian Idol was won by Abhijeet sawant (the deserving candidate) after he got more votes than amit sana and rahul vaidya (who I thought became arrogant in the end).
I thoroughly enjoyed this phase of the reality shows, when they were good. For me Indian Idol made them popular and took them to a new level, a level more popular and glamorous. The contestants were good, talented and the deserving ones (Abhijeet) won in the end. Woah! What a perfect beginning. Anu Malik spiced up the show by his antics and aggressive and blunt attitude in Indian Idol, whereas saregamapa was plagued by the ever fighting music directors.

No comments: